CLC, being a lay movement, is open to all lay persons willing to be formed in the Ignatian spirituality. For one to become a member they are invited on a come and see experience.
To be a member of the Organization one must: -
- Accept the General principles and statutes of the World Christian Life Community.
- Have attained the age of 18 years
- Accept to respect and observe the CLC Constitution and the Executive Council approved in the general meeting.
- Notwithstanding the above (b) and (c) membership to World Christian Life Community shall be open to anyone who is interested in helping the organization to achieve its aim and willing to abide by the rules of the organization but subject to vetoing of the said member by the ExCo.
- Accept responsibility for the contribution of subscriptions.
Frequently asked questions
CLC stands for Christian Life Community and it is an International association of lay people who follow the spirituality of St. Ignatius of Loyola.
One becomes a member first by expressing interest or desire to want to live the Ignatian Spirituality. They are then placed in a group where they journey with the members for a period of time as they discern on this vocation.
There are four stages of growth to becoming a full member.
Stage 1: First contact and Reception/Welcome
This is the CLC induction period
This stage can go on for several months
Ends when a person joins CLC
Stage 2: Laying the foundations for Vocation
This is the first stage in the formal process of CLC formation
It could go on for 1-4 years
Completed with Temporary commitment…or the search for another vocation
Stage 3: Discernment of Vocation
This stage poses the question “what must I do for Christ?”
It goes on for 2-8years
And is completed with a Permanent Commitment…confirming the CLC vocation in a person’s life
Stage 4: Apostolic Discernment
Members at this stage seek to give apostolic meaning to all dimensions of life
This stage continues all through one’s life
Involves integration of both human and Christian life…using one’s skills for service of Christ and church
Creating apostolic communities
Yes. CLC is both for the youth as well as adult. Young here means from 18 years and above.
There are adult CLC groups in the following regions
We are also in the universities and colleges as shown below.
1. University of Nairobi
2. Kenyatta University
3. Moi University
4. University of Eldoret
5. Egerton University
6. Koitalel Campus
7. Masine Muliro Univeristy
8. Rongo University
9. Pwani University